We’re having friends over tonight for dinner. It will be simple – grilled chicken, salad, bread – maybe grilled vegetables – I haven’t decided yet. But the delight will come at dessert.
*UPDATE- So our friends had something come up and had to cancel so I’m not going to make these tonight – but I will find an occasion sometime this week to make these! Oh yes, I certainly will…
Mini S’Mores Cheescakes
2 1/4 c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c plus 2 T sugar, divided
1/2 c butter, melted
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1 t vanille extract
1 (1-oz) square bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
24 jumbo marshmellows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Add the melted butter and egg white, and stir to combine. Press the crumb mixture into bottoms and halfway up sides of 2 (12 well) mini cheesecake pans. Bake for 3 minutes; set aside.
3. Increase oven temperature to 375.
4. In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the remaining sugar and cocoa powder until mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate, and mix until combined.
5. Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the prepared crumb crusts, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until puffed and set. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Freeze for 1 hour. Just before serving, preheat broiler. Place 1 marshmellow on top of each cheesecake, and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan, and serve immediately.
It sounds lick your lips good! I’ll try to take pictures later of the finished product. Now I need to go because my house just got eerily quiet, which almost always means someone’s up to no good. I’m off!